Mosaicollective was founded in 2018 by the illustrator Elide Gramegna and the musicians and pedagogues Kristina van de Sand and Elena La Conte with the goal of exploring cross-overing arts, in particular visual arts and music. Our research is based on sustainability topics, and a poetical, interdisciplinary approach to performing for a multi-generational audience.
At the end of 2018 we realized our first production, the audiovisual concert “O Canto da Baleia – the Song of the Whale”. This production has been performed in Germany, Portugal and Italy (Kölner Philharmonie, Museu das Marionetas, Festa do Intendente, Festival Navicelle, a.o.). In addition to the performances, we realized various pedagogical workshops, linked to the topics of “O Canto da Baleia”:
- Musikschule Hildesheim (Masterclass for the conservatory pedagogues)
- KiTa Lemwerder (Music Workshops for preschool children and pedagogues)
- GWA St. Pauli (Music Workshops for families)
- Festival Bairro do Intendente em Festa (Interactive Baby Concert, Recycling Arts Workshop)
- Play School Cascais (Interactive Concert for PreSchool Children)
At the end of 2019, we recorded the Songs of the Whale and Elide designed a beautiful Leporello, putting the aquatic adventures of our protagonist into images.
In 2020, we will be working on our second production, exploring new themes and interdisciplinary possibilities. Meanwhile, the whale will continue to travel throughout Europe…